Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring cleaning

Spring time is a time when I typically get into "spring cleaning". I get eager wanting to get our home ready for a different season. I'm ready for change; warmer weather; different clothing; out with the old and in with the new! It is during this time that I am gently reminded to allow GOD to do some spring cleaning in my own life. There are areas in all of us that need a little dusting off and a little cleaning out. Please agree with me that this year, we would allow the Lord to work in us and through us, to burn away chaff and direct our steps.



This morning I was reflecting on a teaching I recently heard. The Pastor spoke about his son and how his hair was extremely kinky. The son desperately wanted his hair straightened. So, the father sat the son down in a chair, rubbed this 'crème' on his head, and told the boy to wait. After a while, the father noticed beads of sweat upon his son's brow. The son asked, "Dad, is this suppose to burn?". The father smiled and said, "Son, the longer you stay in the process, the straighter you will be!"


Oh, the process!! Sometimes, the process is painful. Sometimes, the process is hot. BUT, what I do know is, as long as the process is ordained by the Lord, it's worth it!

No comments: