Monday, May 16, 2011

Cupped Hands

Just when the devil (that's devil with a little bitty 'd') almost has you convinced that you are used up, unable to serve, no good, too fat, too old, no longer worthy of service to the Kingdom, Almighty GOD (that's GOD with a BIG 'G', BIG 'O', BIG 'D'), comes alongside you and confirms that HE is still working in your life and reminds you that HE has amazing plans for you!!

Thought life has been hard lately. My thoughts have attempted to overtake me; mind, body and soul. As Joyce Meyer writes "the battle is in the mind" and I can attest to that very truth. As Christians, if we find ourselves believing that we are 'above' such attacks, we are most likely already victim to the prey. (I Peter 5:8--Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.)

Im Romans 12:2, I read about the RENEWING of my mind. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.

I asked myself if this scripture really said to TEST God's will??? I interpreted it as a yes, so, I asked God to show me His will.....and HE DID!!

A little background: I believe God told me years ago that His plans for my life are to share His love, to care for hurting people, and to help those in bondage find freedom. (Isaiah 61, my paraphrase) I have written about this before in previous posts. However recently, when I allowed the enemy to play games and toy with my mind, I questioned the very thing I knew was God's promise.

The confirmation of the test: Over the past 2 days, a handful of friends have contacted me with issues in their life. Friends from long ago, friends states away, friends I haven't spoken directly with in years, dear friends I hold as close as sisters. I count it an HONOR that these precious sisters trust me enough to confide in me, and ask for prayer and insight as they are walking through tough situations. As they shared, it brought tears to my eyes and grace to my memory that at one time, it took me being vulnerable enough to show my scars with them. Failures, mountain tops, valleys, victories. God has brought me to THIS PLACE for a reason. It is this reason, that gratitude fills my heart.

It is only by applying Jesus healing balm that I can look back over the 37 years of my life, and see that everything I've been through has passed through God's loving, cupped hands. It is these nail scarred, cupped hands of beauty that I am who I am today: broken yet healed!

Through God's cupped hands-my adoption was orchestrated; through God's cupped hands, my babies grew into men; through God's cupped hands-love arose; through God's cupped hands-death appeared; through God's cupped hands-grace abounds; through God's cupped hands-I can trust that nothing passes that I am unable to bear. This is our story...God's story. And with His hand, cupped around mine, we will continue, together, day by day.


This is God's will for my life: To love Him and love His people. Everything else is secondary.



2 Corinthians 1:3
He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.

No comments: