Friday, August 04, 2006

Chaos!

I'd like to start this post by repeating something I recently read in a book, "Any idiot can handle a crisis, it's the day to day that I struggle with!!". AMEN!!

My washing machine has been on it's last leg for awhile now. Being the miserly shopper that I am, I have tried to limp it along in order to put off spending money. Yesterday, I finally came to terms that in the course of this waiting game, prices have NOT gotten any cheaper. So, I did it!! I purchased a machine.

Today, it was delivered and that's where the title of this post fits in...CHAOS, it was indeed!! The first delivery man was waiting at my house when I arrived from work, standing nose to noes with the garage door, the machine almost in his arms. He was ready!! He sets the new machine in the garage and we walk in the laundry room while he exclaimes, "WOW, this is old!! I can see why you're getting a new machine!"

Not that looks are the reason for a new machine, not that age is the reason for a new machine, (boy, that thought it itself could preach -- look at the inside buddy), but perhaps it was the fact that my old machine would only use HOT water, maybe it was the fact that about every 8 loads, you had to take the agitator off and unwind the article of clothing that had wound up and lodged around the greasy aditator.

Anyway, the technician attempted to move the machine out of my laundry room. In my best "womanly voice" I asked him, "Should I turn off the water to my entire house??" To which he replied, "no, not a problem." I trusted him. He was of course the PROFESSIONAL and I the meager woman. It was only after I was standing in a puddle of water that I realized the problem with that trust. Needless to say, with my new machine left sitting in the garage, the technician's parting words of wisdom were "call a plumber" and he left.

So, I called the store in which I purchased the machine and asked for a recommendation for a plumber. After sharing my story, the manager said he would be right over. To make a long, story short, I am now back at work. After 2-1/2 hours of a "FREE INSTALLATION" I am in fact, exhausted. It is amazing what a little "out of the ordinary" stress does to a person.

No comments: