Tuesday, August 01, 2006

God's up to something

I just returned from an outstanding, amazing, wonderful weekend at Teen Challenge. It was Wives Weekend so all 9 of the Wives of the guys in the program came for a weekend retreat. Norm Wenig was our guest speaker and he challenged us to begin a journal. I figure blog../..journal...ok, I can do this.

Throughout the weekend, God spoke many things to me. Some of the items I would like to share about today are:

1) I learned the root cause of my anger. When I was a child, my parents rarely disciplined. I learned in order to get my way, I had to throw a fit. As I got older, the "fits" I chose to throw had to get bigger and bigger. This method worked beautifully in my younger years. Unfortunately, now that I'm a tad bit older, no one likes me to act that way...including myself. Since I'm aware of the root cause, I am now able to deal with the issue.

2) I became aware that for the past 11 years, I have blamed Jay for all the "stuff" leading up to our divorce. Even now that we are remarried, in my mind, I continued to blame everything on him. It wasn't until Saturday, July 29 that I realized I, too, played a GREAT part in the demise of our marriage. After asking for forgiveness from the Lord, as well as my husband, I have found freedom.

3) I stand amazed as the Lord is beginning to challenge Jay and I in new areas of our lives:
a) Jay shared with me about having prophetic dreams.
b) We had a powerful visitation from the Lord regarding issues in my heart I have buried deep. I felt the Lord's arms actually holding me.
c) A deeper form of discernment is beginning to pour out on our entire family.
d) Freedom is upon us.

4) We visited an Assembly of God church in Ankeny, Iowa that was FILLED with the Spirit of God. It was a unique experience for me. I witnessed young boys and girls (ages 10-12) on their faces at the altar during Worship. One even had a "word of knowledge" for the Pastor about a healing that day. I learned about a Spirit of TRAVAIL. It was incredible!!



This was a life changing weekend. God is totally amazing!! There is so much more to share. I'm challenged to keep this journal as Pastor Norm has encouraged us to do. I'm sure that out of that challenge, more exciting posts will come. I'm looking forward to it.


God Bless It!!!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Jody, you are truly one of the most amazing people I know. You live your life out loud so everyone can learn from you. Love ya, miss ya.... Paula.