Wednesday, May 02, 2007

15 Minutes

Philippians 4:4-8 (The Message)

4-5 Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!

6-7 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.


____________________________________________________

I've been challenged recently to live out loud! Definition meaning: share not only the good, the pretty, the pleasant, but sometimes, share the ugly. In this manner, others will see that it is the "I AM" that brings about change.



With that being said, I'm feeling down today. A a wife of a TC Student, learning to keep conversations to 15-minutes has been a struggle. Well, honestly, keeping any conversation to 15-minutes has ALWAYS been a struggle for me! Nonetheless, this season has been no exception.



I've made mental lists of what to talk about in advance, and then, when the call comes in, I forget everything I wanted to share. We've enjoyed conversations together where all we've done is laugh as we've shared about our week. We've also had our share of hang-ups whereas one of us will choose to end the call sooner than our 15 minute time slot.



For me personally, last night's 15-minute call was one of those. Sparring all the "gory" details, I woke this morning burdened. I felt my shoulders slump as I stepped out of bed. I felt the dried tears crusted in the corners of my eyes. I felt a longing for just one more 15-minute call. It was at that time that I popped in a CD I received from Larry Low.



In this teaching, he shared the above referenced scripture from Philippians 4. As the Lord massaged His Word into the wounded places of my heart I heard that sweet, still small voice reassure me, "Be still and KNOW that I AM God!!" It was during that ironic 15-minute teaching that I gave my burden to the Lord. The burden lifted. I then poured out my brokenness, insecurity, and loneness, and the Lord took those as well. In their places, I received acceptance, peace and security.



Soon after that, my phone rang and I received a quick 2-minute call which consisted of "I'm sorry", no "I'm sorry", no "I'm sorry" and the cycle TRIED to repeat itself yet again. This time we both recognized it and quickly agreed to the others apology, said our "I love you's" and said "good-bye".



Looking back, I wouldn't trade either of these 15-minute experiences. It took the second 15-minutes to remind me of just how much the Lord loves his kids. I seemed to have forgotten that after the first 15-minutes. And the bottom line truth is that to the Lord, time means nothing. If I would have asked Him immediately, He would have spoken this truth to me IN A MINUTE.



So, no matter what you might be going through, know that HE is GOD! He's asking for a minute of your time, what will you offer Him today??

No comments: