Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The WEIGHT of the WAIT

Sometimes, the road we're on brings unforeseen bumps and sensitive bruises. I know, all too well, how patience gets weary, how the light at the end of the tunnel often looks like a train instead of the light at the end, and the urge to sub come to the thought of giving up almost looks bearable. I want to encourage us with truths from God's Word:



Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.



Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Matthew 11:30 "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."



I titled this post the "weight" of the "wait". What weight are you carrying?? First of all, ANY weight we carry around is excess. Jesus says His burden is light. If I'm heavy with burden, obviously, I'm carrying weight needlessly.


But, even knowing this, the weight of the wait still attempts to overtake me. I've had expectations fail, trials arrive, hopes explode, promises break, and my bubble busted more than once. I've longed for change for so long, that when change finally does occur, sometimes I have become so discouraged, I miss it.


Throughout my life, I've found myself waiting numerous times: waiting on the bathroom to open up; waiting for the stoplight to change; waiting for the person on the other end of the phone line to answer; waiting for an expected email to arrive; waiting ..... waiting ..... waiting ...... waiting for the next visit with my husband; waiting for the test results; waiting for the other shoe to drop; waiting for healing; waiting for my husband to come home; waiting .... waiting .... waiting .....


Is the wait bearable?? Can I stand up under it?? NO WAY - not in my own strength. God's Word says in 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." I desperately need the Lord's strength. I need the Lord to help me wait. I need the Lord to carry my weight through the wait.


What are you waiting for?? The miracle you have been waiting for could be just around the next corner. Don't give up!! With God's help, the weight of the wait is do-able; and it's worth it!!

1 comment:

JPS said...

As a reader of your blog I would like to know more about you. Have you considered expanding the information about youself. It is not prideful - it is important for us to know each other. Did I over do it with my long introduction about myself? You know who I am. I would love to know more about you and I am sure other readers would.
www.biblestudy2women.blogspot.com