Tuesday, February 08, 2011

What do I smell like?

Have you even noticed after hugging someone wearing nice smelling perfume that your clothes tend to pick up their scent?? Sometimes the aroma lasts for hours and if you cross another persons path, they might say, 'Wow, you smell good' and its really not you its from the person you hugged at an earlier time.

This past Sunday at church I stood beside a woman and she looked over and said to me "you smell like smoke." Being a previous smoker myself I was at first taken aback by her comment. Earlier that morning, I had showered and did remember spraying my extra special smelly stuff on my outfit so I knew I smelled good. But then it dawned on me...I hugged a couple who use firewood as their only heat source. The wood-fire smell must have rubbed off on my clothes. Honestly, because I love these people, I loved the smell and the comment made me smile!!

However, this got me to thinking. If I smelled of smoke, I wonder if this couple smelled like me. I wonder what 'smell' I'm sharing with people. If I've been with Jesus, I want people to know, see, and smell Him on me. I want to share Jesus with the world!

Use me, Lord...whatever it takes!

No comments: