Monday, February 07, 2011

Why??

Why does it take sun to make the grass grow?
Why does it take heat to make bread rise?
Why does it take pain to get our attention?
Why does it take death to change a life?


Because I knew you, I have been changed. I'm a better mother, a better wife, a better friend. I listen more. My heart has grown. Compassion cultivates within me...because of death.

Yesterday, I was able to hold a young mother who just lost her newborn baby. Though I fought back tears and sobs from deep within me, I knew.

I knew that Jesus Loves Me. Though I don't deserve this type of love, He Loves Me. It took Jesus' death to truly change my life. I'm thankful for those who have gone before me who have also helped to teach me, old and young.

I don't understand why? But I trust the One sent His Son to die for me.

1 comment:

Jill Beran said...

Great post! Isn't it true, so often we don't understand why? So thankful that's not a prerequisite for faith, it only requires trust - which is sometimes hard enough!! I'm praying for your friend!

Thankful I stopped by after seeing your comment on Renee's blog! I love the name of your blog!! Blessings to you, Jill