Tuesday, January 25, 2011

the battle in the mind

Part of me wants to write this post without using any punctuation just to help express how my mind feels inside today. Because I'm writer, there is no way I could write that way. So, as my mother encouraged me to do as a young girl, I'll use my words instead. My mind feels unsettled, running on empty, unkept, unraveled. I find myself talking to perfect strangers because I find similiarties in our stories. I am so very thankful for their openness to share with me. Even at the risk of being termed a freak, I will continue to reach out.

I hurt. Deeply. Until yesterday I had honestly found no one who closely could relate to any of my circumstances. I mean seriously - I don't see myself sharing this story at a widows meeting. My former husband died. We'd been divorced 3 years. I'm now 1-1/2 years happily married to a wonderful man who is also processing and leading; untimely death is almost unbearable.

I cared about my former husband so much but because of his actions had to utilize boundaries. The question someone asked and wrote on an online forum, "If he had a family, why was he living in a homeless area?" attempts to haunt me as I sleep.

As I had to remind people when I remarried the man a second time, YES, I REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED! However, I sincerely feel my choices were God ordained. Looking back, I would not have changed a thing! Nothing. I am the woman I am today because of my past choices, both good and bad; my actions, both right and wrong. THANK GOD for His forgiveness and grace!!

And now....I stand again at that same place, except I lack the courage I once felt. I feel fragile and defenseless. As a person who normally has it all together, these feelings are so foreign to me. I pray against bitterness, but I feel it attempting to take root.

I am positive there are lessons for me to learn. I trust God to teach me, day by day. Even as I sleep at night and lay myself down in Jesus arms, I trust Him to show me His plans.

No comments: