Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Grief


Grief. There, I said it. The loss of a loved one. The death of former husband. However, a month ago, I really didn't know what it was nor the feelings that would come along as a result.

Grief has no time limits; no push buttons; no on/off switch. I've given myself the permission to grieve at any time, day or night. My feelings are my feelings. Grief takes no shape or no boundary. I feel what I feel, no more - no less.

I have found that in the midst of grieving, my level of compassion has deepened. The intense love that I hold for people far outweighs anything I thought I had ever known or felt before. As I have honestly felt God holding me in His hand at times, a burning desire has ignited inside me to share His love with others.

Jesus' death changed our world and paid for my sins. Jay's death is challenging me personally. I have been studying Heaven. I am amazed at how very little I know about the place. I continue to believe that God is preparing me for the place He has prepared for me.

In the meantime, as far as preparations go, I will love as He loves. The rest will take care of itself...for LOVE conquers all!!


For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39

No comments: